Position: Remote Coding Specialist-Interventional Radiology Coder
The Remote Coding Specialist-Interventional Radiology Coder is responsible for the review, interpretation and coding of medical records, including interventional radiology.
• Assigning appropriate diagnosis, procedure, modifier and other codes based on clinical documentation utilizing correct coding conventions and established policies and procedures
• Meeting or exceeding departmental productivity and quality standards
• Researching and resolving client coding and documentation questions utilizing appropriate resources
• Contributing to current client specific coding guidelines for assigned clients
• Interacting with the client to resolve documentation insufficiencies prior to code assignment when appropriate to do so for assigned clients
• Conducting quality assurance review of codes assigned by computer assisted coding (CAC) or other coding sources as assigned. Provide feedback to source of coding to ensure accuracy going forward
• Actively participating in Coding Services team meetings by sharing knowledge and accepting responsibility for tasks presented to the team for assignment as your schedule allows
• Assisting HAP and/or client’s billing operations with resolving coding related denials timely and accurately as requested for assigned clients
• Resolving pre-billing coding related edits for assigned clients
• Supporting all compliance activities related to state and federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information
Knowledge and skills:
• Have foundational knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and diagnoses, procedure and modifier assignment coding principles.
• Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 application suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment; and
• Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills
• MIPS experience preferred
• Associates degree in a related field preferred
• Must maintain one professional credential such as CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P, RCC or another approved specialty coding credential. Candidates will have six months from the date of hire to obtain said credential if credential not held at time of hire
• Minimum two years related experience in medical coding, specifically interventional radiology
• CIRCC required
Note: This is a remote position.
Healthcare Administrative Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.