Position Title: Medical Billing Representative
Location: Portsmouth, NH or Media, PA
The Medical Billing Representative is responsible for medical billing functions for all assigned clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Resolve failed claims and denials
- Interpret Explanation of Benefits for all types of insurances
- Update patient demographics, insurances and billing
- Identify, research and process refunds and overpayments
- Resolve calls with patients and insurance companies
- Take accountability for personal productivity and quality output
- Complete HAP’s compliance program training and achieve target score
- Understand clearinghouse functionality and navigate within their systems
- Understand all vendors, iHCFA, clearinghouse, etc.
- Acquire knowledge of all aspects of the current medical billing software systems
- Gain understanding of primary, secondary, third-party and Medicare Secondary Payer insurance concepts
- Acquire knowledge of denial resolution
- Work with leadership to develop and implement improvement plans when output fails to meet targets
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent data entry skills
- Proficient in understanding and ability to enter data into medical billing software
- Ability to utilize a personal computer, multiple networks and internet navigation
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and it’s functions
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to solve basic mathematical equations
- Ability to multi-task, accessing multiple data bases and sites at the same time
- Ability to work within deadlines and time restraints
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in multiple situations
- Ability to work within a team setting and participate in accomplishing department goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with HIPAA privacy requirements
Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED require
Physical and Emotional Requirements:
- Ability to meet HAP’s attendance standards
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while focusing on work
- Ability to maintain calm demeanor and project a positive attitude
- Project and maintain professional demeanor
- Ability to handle stress appropriately
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested candidates may send their resume to email@example.com.