Position: Enrollment Specialist
Location: Media, PA or Portsmouth, NH
The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for the timely completion of provider and facility credentials with third party carriers, while acting as the liaison with insurance companies on behalf of the client for provider enrollment issues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Responsible for all enrollments and re-credentialing with third party carriers and government health plans
▪ Meet or exceed all deadline requirements for provider and communications, enrollment and follow-up
▪ Act as liaison to resolve credentialing related inquiries
▪ Report to manager any unresolved issues or missing information that cannot be obtained
▪ Maintain contact logs documenting requests for additional information on credentialing shared drive
▪ Document, maintain and crosscheck facility and provider credentials in multiple databases, including CAQH and third-party web-based databases as required
▪ Communicate carrier updates and changes in policies as received
▪ Establish and preserve quality working relationships with internal and external customers, utilizing excellent customer service skills
▪ Cross-train in other enrollment team members functions to serve as back-up if needed
▪ Assist team members to meet their monthly deadlines
▪ Take and pass all training courses assigned by HAP within given deadlines
▪ Take accountability for personal productivity and quality output
▪ Other duties or special projects as assigned by manager
Knowledge and Skills:
▪ Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
▪ Strong problem resolution skills
▪ Excellent customer care ethics
▪ Ability to multi-task, accessing multiple data bases and sites at the same time
▪ Ability to work within deadlines and time restraints and facilitate workflow independently with
▪ Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in multiple situations
▪ Proficiency in PC based application knowledge, including Outlook, Excel and Word to produce letters,
forms, spreadsheets and reports
▪ Ability to work within a team setting and participate in accomplishing department goals
▪ Ability to accept and utilize supervisory feedback in a positive manner
▪ Demonstrated understanding and compliance with HIPAA privacy requirements
Education and Work Experience:
▪ High School Diploma or GED required
▪ Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
▪ Database maintenance
Physical and Emotional Requirements:
▪ Ability to sit for long periods of time while focusing on work
▪ Ability to meet HAP’s attendance standards
▪ Ability to maintain calm demeanor and project a positive attitude
▪ Project and maintain professional demeanor
▪ Ability to handle stress appropriately
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.