Job Title: Call Center Coordinator
Location: Portsmouth, NH
The Call Center Coordinator is the primary contact between our clients and patients. The Call Center Coordinator is responsible for performing a full range of customer service-oriented telephone support while keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every behavior.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Provide excellent customer service for all calls by identifying customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and providing solutions and/or alternatives
▪ Notate customer accounts accurately according to department’s procedures
▪ Dictate and respond to all voicemails and e-mails received by the call center within 24 hours
▪ Process credit card payments accurately while adhering to payment plan guidelines
▪ Interpret Explanation of Benefit’s (EOB) to ensure payments and adjustments are properly applied
▪ Review Audit Journal daily to ensure accounts are monetarily balanced
▪ Resolve assigned National Change of Address (NCOA) edits daily
▪ Effectively read, interpret and carry out written and verbal communications professionally within HAP, the patients and other business entities
▪ Meet personal metrics and quality customer service experience requirements
▪ Develop and implement metric improvement plans when needed
▪ Communicate unresolved customer issues to Manager
▪ Complete HAP’s annual HIPAA training with a score of 80% or above
▪ Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
▪ Demonstrate an understanding of insurance billing concepts, such as deductibles, co-insurance, co-pays, denials, appeals and insurance types.
▪ Basic understanding of all of HAP’s clients, such as location, specialty and billing rules, and the ability to utilize this knowledge to resolve patient calls.
▪ Proficient understanding and ability to navigate current medical billing software
▪ Basic knowledge of queue systems and ability to properly process tasks within the queue
▪ Basic knowledge of operating within multiple network drive
▪ Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and Outlook
▪ Ability to solve basic mathematical equations
▪ Ability to multitask
▪ Ability to work within a team setting and participate in accomplishing department goals
▪ Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
▪ Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome
▪ Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with
customers over the phone
Education and Work Experience:
▪ High School Diploma or GED required
▪ One year of call center and/or customer service experience required
Physical and Emotional Requirements:
▪ Ability to meet HAP’s attendance standards
▪ Ability to sit for long periods of time while focusing on work
▪ Ability to maintain calm demeanor and project a positive attitude
▪ Project and maintain a professional demeanor
▪ Ability to handle calls in a stressful situation
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Interested candidates may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.