Position Title: Healthcare IT Business and Integration Analyst
Main Function: This unique position will have primary responsibility for both the business and technical analyst functions in support of HAP’s Revenue Cycle Management service offering across multiple specialty markets including Radiology, Pathology, Emergency Medicine and hospital-owned Multi-specialty practices.
Specifically this position will be responsible for working with Product Management, business stakeholders and the application development team to create business requirements and associated technical specifications for proposed application solutions. Responsibilities include business requirements elicitation, business and technical analysis, maintenance, quality assurance testing and end-user training on newly developed system solutions and solution enhancements. This role will also have primary responsibility for pre-sales technical interface integration analysis and workflows definition between HAP’s coding, billing and data warehouse systems and our providers’ hospital, practice management, clinical and ancillary systems.
- Understand business needs for HAP’s multiple functional areas and across business areas such as revenue cycle, medical coding, business reporting and analytics, etc.
- Convert business needs into product and technical requirements to ensure system solutions meet business goals.
- Assist Product Management with negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders in order to help prioritize and plan development releases.
- Employ industry best practices for business analysis processes and functions, including requirements elicitation methods.
- Understanding the current application capabilities
- Analyze and assess current systems and processes in order to define and document improvements.
- Use standard development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology to create end-to-end solutions.
- Ensure requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Lead elicitation sessions to define the solution using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, workflow diagrams, etc. with stakeholders and clients.
- Create, analyze and validate detailed functional specifications including workflows and business rules.
- Develop and execute test plans and coordinates testing across stakeholder teams
- Ability to lead and support change management processes within and across Development and business areas.
- Responsible for pre-sales technical interface integration analysis and workflows definition between HAP systems and our providers’ hospital, practice management, clinical and ancillary systems.
- Work directly with client, development and business stakeholders to identify current workflows and define future state integration solution.
- Ability to define and document business workflow and associated technical interface requirements.
- Ability to own and project -manage the pre-sales workflow elicitation, requirements definition, development and rollout process for client integrations.
- Demonstrate excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Manage end to end projects through release cycles and support rollout to stakeholders and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years analyst experience preferred.
- Healthcare Industry domain expertise, particularly in Revenue Cycle Management preferred.
- Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Proficient in gathering business requirements using process-flows and use cases.
- Expertise in modeling and mapping as-is and to-be business processes.
- Expertise in creating detailed design specifications.
- Experience with complete software development life cycle, SDLC.
- Understanding of technology capabilities and limitations.
- Experience with and strong understanding of various technologies and platforms, including client / server, web-based and data warehouse.
- Experience designing, reviewing and executing test cases.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and workflow management tools.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
To be considered for this position, please indicate position title in the subject line and specify your salary requirements. HAP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: health, dental, and disability insurance coverage, FSA, and 401k Plan.
Healthcare Administrative Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.