Position Title: Certified Professional Orthopedic Coder
Healthcare Administrative Partners (HAP) is a leading provider of revenue cycle outsourcing solutions for healthcare providers. The company delivers complete billing, coding, and practice management consulting to independent practices, academic practice plans and other healthcare providers. HAP cost-effectively addresses the growing need to manage the complex business issues related to the practice of medicine by delivering solutions that help providers optimize revenue, improve cash flow, control costs and minimize compliance risks.
Our employee base consists of dedicated experts working in the areas of healthcare consulting, client service, coding, reimbursement and collections. HAP is currently seeking a full-time, highly-motivated Certified Professional Coder (CPC or CCS-P) who will be responsible for coding orthopedic services.
- Review charge source documents for proper completion.
- Accurately code procedures and diagnoses according to payer- specific policies and procedures.
- Assist with denials related to coding issues.
- Participate in quality management activities.
- Provide coding education to providers.
- Perform related work as required and assigned.
- Consistently achieve coding quality of 95% or higher.
- Two to three years’ experience in physician coding.
- Professional Coding Certification (CPC or CCS-P) through AAPC or AHIMA..
- Passing score on HAP’s coding proficiency exam.
- Will have extensive knowledge of CPT, ICD-9-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding systems/guidelines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of working under time restraints.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize job duties under minimal supervision.
- Strong research skills.
- Certified Orthopedic Surgery Coder (COSC) certification.
- Certificate of Completion for ICD-10-CM training and competency exam.
HAP Employee Benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- CEU reimbursement.
- Professional organization reimbursement.
- Paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Health, dental, and disability insurance coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- 401k Plan.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthcare Administrative Partners is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.